Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tomorrow Comes Too Slowly

It totally figures. I put this site up and suddenly come down with a massive bout of writer’s block. I’m a dried up prune, or, err, raisin maybe. Try as I might I really can’t think of much to say (which in itself is a feat).

Normally, despite my lack of free time, I manage a good few hours of writing (if not solid days) weekly. But for a number of reasons, I haven’t written all week. Whenever I sit down to clean up my manuscript, I get all negative about everything from where I put a comma, to the writing style. It’s pointless to even try - all I do is hack my work to pieces. And I really, really hate that feeling. Like walking backwards down a steep incline.

I took the plunge and enlisted an editor to help me clean up my novel. I think maybe I’ll wait until I get a little feedback from him. In the meantime, I guess I’ll try poetry or humor or something. Maybe tomorrow. Or next week.

No comments: